Friday, October 3, 2008

10/6


Welcome to our blog!  My attempt at the weekly e-mail has tapered off since I began working, so I thought I might try a blog instead.  I don't have to worry about remembering to import everyone's e-mail addresses, and I can add pictures much more easily.

Steve took call on Saturday, but I made the most of the time.  I did some school work and began readying the nest for our upcoming visitors!  Saturday night I joined a few friends for "dinner and hot wine".  I had never had hot wine before, but it was quite good.  It is red wine heated on the stove with cinnamon and nutmeg added.  Our friends also just bought a pool table, so I got a chance to try my luck with that.

On Sunday, Steve was a super trooper.  He came home around 11 for brunch, and then slept a mere 45 minutes before he was plucked away to Simmons' farm to go apple picking.  A group of 8 of us traveled about 45 minutes south of the city to spend a gorgeous fall afternoon outside.  We then went on a mad search for a bar with seats, food other than apples and the Patriots game.  We found a good sport by half time and rewarded our tiresome day of apple reaching with some beer, nachos and wings: the dinner of champions.  I tried to make it through my first Red Sox playoff game last night, but couldn't quite pull it off.  My goal tonight is to make it at least half-way through the game.

This week should be low-key with a busy weekend to follow.  Thursday night I will join the girls for "Ortho Ladies' Night" for dinner and then at 4 on Friday Steve and I will hop in the car and head east to NYC for the weekend for my friends' engagement party.  It will certainly be a fun, albeit long, weekend.  

xo, Kim & Steve 

2 comments:

Dad said...

Kim: I see from your photo that my son is in a supporting role in your play. Now fair is fair. I expect you to pick up his big ass and carry him around NYC a bit next weekend. Careful, though: Apples give him gas.

GO SOX!!

Love to you both. -Rob

Unknown said...

Kim and Steve: Will we get hot apple cider when we visit? Hoping for a boating weekend here. Love to both of you, Suzie